GeoEnergy Research Centre News
GeoEnergy Research CentreAtom Feed
- The Midlands Innovation group of universities and Queen Mary University of London have been awarded £3.2million from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to establish HPC Midlands Plus – a centre of excellence in high performance computing (HPC).
- A major new fund designed to drive cutting-edge research, innovation and skills across the Midlands Engine, has been officially launched (26 April 2016). The Energy Research Accelerator (ERA) will receive £60 million of public money to unlock £120 million of private sector co-investment, helping to grow the region's high-tech, high-skilled economy.
- Still subject to Virginia General Assembly approval, but the Department of Mining and Minerals Education, at the GeoEnergy Research Centres international partner Virginia Tech, could soon see a renovation of it classrooms and an expansion of its research space.
- GERC is playing a crucial role in the newly-announced ERA investment aimed at transforming the UK's energy sector after the Government confirmed £60m investment for the Energy Research Accelerator (ERA). The investment is backed by a further £120m from the private sector and Midlands Innovation universities.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University collaborates with the National Energy Technology Laboratory to investigate underground CO2 storage with natural gas recovery
British Geological Survey News
Click on the British Geological Survey logo to explore the latest news articles.
University of Nottingham News
Click on the faculties below to explore their latest news articles.