Dr Bagus Putra Muljadi
Assistant Professor in Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Department: Faculty of Engineering
Started at GERC: January 2017
Key Research Expertise:
- Flow in Porous Media
- Multiscale Modelling
- Gas Kinetic Theory
Bagus is an Assistant Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the University of Nottingham with a dual affiliation with Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research (VCCER), Virginia Tech, USA. He had postdoctoral trainings at Imperial College London, and Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse, France. He received an MSc and a PhD from National Taiwan University in 2012. His first degree is in mechanical engineering from Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
Back to 'Meet the Team'
Bagus’ research is characterised by its diversity as reflected in his publication output which includes publications on rarefied quantum gas dynamics, multiscale method developments, direct pore-scale simulations and reactive transport modelling. His current research at GERC involves combining different modelling paradigms including direct pore-scale simulations on X-ray micro-CT images; Multiscale Finite Element (MsFEM) method; and particle-tracking methods based on Continuous Time Random Walk (CTRW) with Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) imaging technology to advance our understanding on flow and transport in natural porous media.
- MULJADI, BAGUS PUTRA, 2017. Multiscale Method for Oseen Problem in Porous Media with Non-periodic Grain Patterns Transport in Porous Media. 116(1), 1-18
- BAGUS P. MULJADI, MARTIN J. BLUNT, ALI Q. RAEINI and BRANKO BIJELJIC, 2016. The impact of porous media heterogeneity on non-Darcy flow behaviour from pore-scale simulation Advances in Water Resources. 95, 329 - 340
- B. P. MULJADI, J. NARSKI, A. LOZINSKI and P. DEGOND, 2015. Nonconforming Multiscale Finite Element Method for Stokes Flows in Heterogeneous Media. Part I: Methodologies and Numerical Experiments Multiscale Modeling & Simulation. 13(4), 1146-1172
- DEGOND, PIERRE, LOZINSKI, ALEXEI, MULJADI, BAGUS PUTRA and NARSKI, JACEK, 2015. Crouzeix-Raviart MsFEM with Bubble Functions for Diffusion and Advection-Diffusion in Perforated Media Communications in Computational Physics. 17(4), 887–907
- JAW-YEN YANG, BAGUS PUTRA MULJADI, ZHI-HUI LI and HAN-XIN ZHANG, 2013. A Direct Solver for Initial Value Problems of Rarefied Gas Flows of Arbitrary Statistics Communication in Computational Physics. 1
- JAW-YEN YANG, BAGUS PUTRA MULJADI, SU-YUAN CHEN and ZHI-HUI LI, 2013. Kinetic numerical methods for solving the semiclassical Boltzmann-BGK equation Computers & Fluids. 85, 153 - 165
- BAGUS PUTRA MULJADI and JAW-YEN YANG, 2012. Space time CE/SE and discrete ordinate method for solving gas flows of arbitrary statistics Computers & Fluids. 63, 184 - 188
- MULJADI, BAGUS PUTRA and YANG, JAW-YEN, 2012. Simulation of shock wave diffraction by a square cylinder in gases of arbitrary statistics using a semiclassical BoltzmanntextendashBhatnagartextendashGrosstextendashKrook equation solver Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. 468(2139), 651-670
- JAW-YEN YANG and BAGUS PUTRA MULJADI, 2011. Simulation of Shock Wave Diffraction over 90textdegree Sharp Corner in Gases of Arbitrary Statistics Journal of Statistical Physics. 145(6), 1674-1688